St. Mary's School was started on August 11, 1957 with 25 students on the rolls.
Fr. E. Gadea SJ, the then Parish Priest of Rajkot, is the founder and first Principal.
Initially the classes were conducted in the premises of the Catholic Church, Mochi
bazaar. The school was granted official recognition by the then Government of
Saurashtra on June 11, 1959. Bro. Harry Rodrigues SJ was Principal in 1960–61. He
served the school 15 years. In June 1961, Fr. Mateo Ramonell SJ took charge as
Principal, and the same year Gujarati also was introduced as a medium of instruction.
In 1961, Fr. Ramonell SJ bought the present property on Kalawad Road, 5 km
from the city, and the foundation stone of the building was laid in January 1962.